The Intensive Outpatient Program offers comprehensive treatment for adults and older adults who do not require 24-hour care. This program helps to stabilize the individual’s symptoms and assist with quickly returning them to work or their community. This program provides a supportive environment while teaching life enrichment skills. The I.O.P. empowers clients as a supportive transitional treatment following inpatient hospitalization, but is also accessible directly from the community. The I.O.P. offers more intensive intervention than traditional psychotherapy.
Components of the I.O.P. include:
- Individualized care under supervision of a psychiatrist
- Medication management
- Focused, therapeutic group sessions from 1 hour to 4 hours per day
- Available from 1 to 5 times per week
Who Can Benefit from Intensive Outpatient Care?
The Intensive Outpatient Program is designed to empower those who wish to strengthen positive coping skills that will assist them in overcoming the challenges of a mental health diagnosis, such as depression, anxiety or bipolar disorder. Participants in the I.O.P. attend group sessions that assist with:
- Enhancing decision-making skills
- Increasing self-awareness and socialization
- Learning how diet and exercise contribute to our energy levels
- Exploring coping skills and learning healthy interpersonal boundaries
- Learning productive ways to manage triggers, symptoms and prevent relapse
The Intensive Outpatient Program is covered by most major insurance companies, including Medicare (Part B). If you also have Medicare supplementary insurance, the deductible and 20 percent co-pay may also be covered. Our intake staff is available to address any concerns you may have about your specific coverage.